Fees & Services
My fees are always flat rates. No matter how complicated might become the purchase or how many time will I employ in solving all the possible issues, there will be no surprises.
- If you are going to buy an apartment or a terraced house, our general fee is just a 1% plus VAT on the price of the property you will buy. However, there is always a minimum invoicing of 2000 € plus 21% VAT.
- If you want to buy an isolated house with land or a plot to build, fees will be higher: 1,5% on the property price plus VAT. This is due to the fact that there is a lot more legal job to do in this kind of property: size of the plot has to be verified, the legality of the current constructions too. A lot of information has to be studied and in all cases, there are issues to be solved prior to the purchase.
- Should you buy a property next to the sea being considered coastal area, or a rustic property with land, the fee has to be studied previously. Do not hesitate to get in touch to obtain my budget for those special properties,
- When the property purchase price is very high, I am also open to lower the fee or stablish a new one according to my client needs.
- In case a mortgage is needed and you want us to obtain it for you and coordinate all the documentation with the Spanish Bank, our fee will be an additional 1% on the mortgage figure, plus VAT.
- In case you would want to buy a plot and build your own house, and you want us to inspect and control the construction, fee will be also be agreed with the client.
No matter the problems we can discover once we are working in your property, our rates will not change. If big problems arise, I will do my best to solve them. In case it is not legally possible or advisable to buy the property or facing the issues you decide to pull out, we will invoice 50% of the fee.
There is also the possibility to hire our services on hourly basis: 120€ plus VAT per hour, in case you only want legal help for issues different than conveyancing. Partial conveyancing is not accepted.
You should look for the property by yourselves. Once you have found it, this is the moment to meet your lawyer: always before signing any contract and before delivering any deposit.
We can also offer you a buying service, a kind of personal shopper. We can look for properties according to your instructions, lowering significantly the time and trips you’ll need to find exactly the property of your dreams, and lowering the final price on you behalf.
Please feel free to get in touch to clarify any doubt you might have. We’ll always answer your mails within the frame of 24 hours.
- If you wish so, we visit the new property with you or on your behalf. Just to be able to advice you about the building quality, surroundings, problems that we think may arise, etc.
- We do study the price you intend to pay for it, and we give also our advice. According to your instructions, we try to lower the price with the seller
- We study with you the way of payment. We study the taxes on it and inform you accordingly to save as much as possible.
- We prepare the contract we’ll have to sign with the seller as a deposit.
- We prepare and study all legal documentation in order to be sure everything is legally correct in the Town Hall, Catastro, Land Registry and Notary. We make sure there are no old debts on the property you intend to buy. If legal problems arise in this stage, we do solve them if possible and included in your fee.
- We also make sure there are no old debts with the owner’s community, with the Council and with the Water and Electricity Companies.
- We prepare all documents to sign the Title Deed at the Notary’s. We do confirm it will be duly registered at your name. We are at the notary’s with you when you sign, to translate and solve doubts, or problems that may arise there.
- We prepare the text to sign a Spanish will, in general stating that you want the law from your own country to be applied to your last will.
We obtain the loan and coordinate with lending bank all the needed documentation to sign the Mortgage Deed at the same time as the Title Deed.
Assistance with applying for NIE number offering you the best advice.
Due to the Covid situation this has become more difficult. The less expensive and the quickest is to ask for the NIE in the Consulate/Embassy nearest to your home.
The other option is to use a Spanish ‘Gestor’. This step has associated costs.
Assistance to find an architect in case you feel that your future property needs a survey, or delivering the architect you previously selected all the necessary information.
Spanish Bank Account
We do help you to open a Spanish Bank Account, that you will need to buy your new property and to be able to pay taxes and all the needed supplies.